Stepping into a steaming hot shower only to notice a bath forming right at your feet? This is bound to spoil your day. But, what is the issue? The answer is A clogged drain caused by a backup of hair and soap scum accumulating for some time.
Your first instinct might be to call a plumber, but before you do that, we advise you to check out Trufusion! We have the right series of drain opening products to solve any drain saga and get your day back in order!
How to Eliminate Clog
LiquidRhyno Drain Opener quickly opens tough clogs caused by hair, grease, food, organic matter, and soap scum. The unique formula contains 2X the concentrate than leading bleach products, making it the perfect solution to fight against hair and grease clogs, slow-flowing drains, and difficult clogs.
Please remember that the Drain Opener is not intended to be used with a plunger – in a toilet, urinal, or garbage disposals. Avoid contact with faucets, drain stopper, trim, and countertops when using. Also, use gloves when using the solution and wash thoroughly after handling. If contact occurs, rinse immediately to prevent damage.
To use LiquidRhyno Drain Opener, follow these steps!
- Slowly pour 16 fl. oz. (1/8 bottle) product directly into the sink, tub, or shower drain.
- Allow to work for 10 minutes.
- Flush with warm water.
- Repeat steps if necessary.
Prevent Future Clogs
Now that you know how to remove clogs like a professional, use these tips to prevent future clogs in the future:
- Place a Danco Shower Hair Catcher or Drain Cover on the drain. Hair Catchers and Drain covers prevent hair from sneaking into the drain while catching loose hair and debris. Danco Drain Cover includes replacement baskets which we suggest changing once a month.
- Brush hair or tie hair back before entering the shower.
- Do not allow wastewater that contains dirt to enter the shower drain. This can cause bacteria buildup and clogs.
- Use LiquidRhyno Build-Up Remover routinely to cleanse the drain ways. WASHOUT™ Build-Up Remover eats away hair, grease, paper, organic matter, food, and soap scum with specially formulated dual-action biologicals and enzymes. It’s safe for all pipes with 100% natural non-pathogenic bacteria and a safer alternative to harsh chemicals to sustain a healthy plumbing system. Use regularly for monthly maintenance to prevent slow drains and buildup on drainpipe walls to decrease the frequency of slow-flowing drain problems. Build-Up Remover is safe for use in sinks, tubs, showers, and toilets.
A drain clog is not the end of the world, but it can lead to a heavy plumbing repair and significant damage to your plumbing system if not attended to right away. In conjunction with LiquidRhyno Drain Opener and Build-up Remover, unclogging a shower drain can be a simple DIY project anyone can do!